are internet-based communication systems used by organizations after replacing the traditional telecommunication networks. Traditional telecommunication networks services had copper landlines implanted in the office premises. This increased cost, area of operation, maintenance and made the entire system bulky. Moreover, it lacked an enormous amount of features that are offered by the Voice over internet protocol based technology today. This VoIP enables users to do internet calling-both audio and video and allows them to share a large amount of textual, image-based, audio and visual data online. VoIP does offer ‘N’ Number of customizable features from a pool of features. These features aren’t even offered by telecommunication networks.
Benefits of using Virtual technology over telecommunication
- Easy installation: In telecommunication networks, telephones along with wires are needed to be installed, connected and tested together at first. In the case of VoIP systems, existing devices of the working members of the organizations which are phones, laptops and computers, whether personal or professional are configured to the VoIP cloud-based system. These devices are usually borne by the working members of the company by themselves. This eliminates the cost of installation and maintenance.
- Lesser Cost: As the cost of installation is eliminated in the case of VoIP systems, the cost of maintenance is also eliminated. This is the opposite of telecommunication networks. Moreover, the cost of telephones, landlines, wire and labor is also added in telecommunication networks. In VoIP systems, the annual subscription fee is paid either annually or monthly by the organization and the cost of high-speed internet is also borne by the company. Still; the entire cost is way lesser than that of telecommunication networks.
- Choosing features: In the case of VoIP systems a lot of features like audio calling, audio conferencing, video calling, video conferencing, autoresponders, virtual assistants, virtual receptionists, virtual chat bots, virtual call forwarding, virtual fax, virtual phone lines, phone number extensions and many more. Depending upon the size of the organization and the type of work they do, organizations sometimes leave some features unused. So, the flexibility to choose the features that are only required is also available with VoIP systems.
- Device flexibility: In VoIP business systems, the working members of the organization have personal as well as professional devices including phones, laptops and computers etc. so, business extensions are mapped to these devices for internal and external communication.
- Work-from-home: VoIP makes work-from-home possible with utmost facilities. This is because VoIP services are configured in the cloud. It isn’t possible with telecommunication devices as they are dependent upon geographical location, the organizational premises.
By studying all the benefits, we can cloud that cloud-based services are always a win-win instead of geographical location-based services. So, we can easily say that VoIP systems are more customizable, flexible, reliable and scalable as compared to telecommunication networks. This is the reason why the use of telecommunications networks in organizations has now become outdated such that so many popular applications and companies offer virtual phone service at affordable rates depending upon the feature requirements, budget and size of the organization.